The 2018 Pride Women Conference takes place today at the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs, 13/15 Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
The conference, organised by Pride Magazine Nigeria, focuses on emotional well-being and aims to help the modern woman cope with the challenges of life and living.
Dr. Philomina Ofuafo, a lecturer in the Department of Creative Arts at the University of Lagos and an accomplished academic, is set to chair today’s conference.
The conference has speakers with requisite experiential knowledge to advance the course of the emotional well-being of Nigerians:
- Maymunah Yusuf Kadiri, the celebrity shrink, will be speaking on Everyone Has Some Madness in Them – Why Mental Health Issues Should Not Be Stigmatised.
- Barrister Nneka Juliet Ezeani, a relationship expert, will be speaking on Single and Searching – Steps to Take, Pitfalls to Avoid.
- Oluwatoyin ‘Bode-Abass, a wellness, nutrition, weight management and lifestyle consultant, will be speaking on When Conception is a Challenge – The Arduous Journey from Infertility to Motherhood.
- Patricia Dzifa Mensah-Larkai, a communication and leadership coach, corporate trainer, public speaker and mentor, will be speaking on Encouraging Positive Competition Hinged on Collaboration Among Women.
- Bolaji Okusaga, a strategy and brand expert with wide experience in the media, marketing, public relations and banking, will share his insights on The Mind of a Man.
- Temi Aboderin-Alao, designer, plus size activist, CEO of Goldencurvy agency and the founder of the first-ever Plus Size Fashion Week Africa, will be speaking on Creating a Positive Atmosphere: The Key to Healthy Emotional Well-being.
- Yolanda George-David, Medical doctor, humanitarian, media personality and 2018 Vlisco Ambassador will tell us How to cope when life throws you a major curve
Dr. (Mrs.) Obiageli (Oby) Ezekwesili and Betsy Bene Obaseki, the First Lady of Edo State will both receive the 2018 Jewel of Inestimable Value Awards. This award is given to women who have contributed in no small measure to the betterment of the human race.